About the project
“Changing with Climate”
THE MAIN GOAL OF THE PROJECT
“Changing with Climate”
is to organize a large-scale campaign to raise the awareness and competences of the Bulgarian public on the impacts of climate change on human health, the environment and the social and economic life of modern society, as well as the specific mitigation, adaptation and resilience measures which are to be taken.
- Establishing partnerships between schools and non-profit organizations from Bulgaria and Norway;
- Exchange of good practices between the partners;
- Development of an online information and education portal;
- Increasing teachers’ competences on climate change via conducting of trainings;
- Organizing regional campaigns and student projects on climate change in Belitsa, Berkovitsa, Burgas, Veselinovo, Bansko, Svishtov and Sofia;
- Communicating the results of the campaign to the public in the target areas, as well as making proposals to the local authorities for specific climate change adaptation measures;
- Ensure transparency through active exchange of information with the media and use of social networks;
- Effective management of the project.
- Development of an online information and education portal with basic information, educational modules, interactive games, videos and shared good practices;
- Development of 3 training programs for teachers;
- Training of 120 teachers from the target areas;
- Organization of 7 regional campaigns and 21 student projects in the seven target regions;
- Organization of 7 regional introductory meetings, 7 regional information meetings, 7 regional conferences and 1 national conference;
- Exchange of information and good practices between the Bulgarian partners and the Norwegian organization;
- Actively informing the public about the progress and results of the project through 8 press conferences, the active use of social networks and the functioning of the project website.
Secondary School “Tsvetan Radoslavov”, Svishtov
Primary School “Nikola Yonkov Vaptsarov”, Berkovitsa
Primary School “St. Paisii Hilendarski”, Bansko
Secondary School “Konstantin Petkanov”, Burgas
Primary School ” St. St. Cyril and Methodius “, Vesselinovo village
Secondary School “St. St. Cyril and Methodius”, Belitsa
Vocational School of Agriculture “BUZEMA”, Sofiа
Environmental association “For the Earth”
Institute for progressive education
Norwegian partner: Norges Naturvernforbund (Friends of the earth – Norway)
- At a school level – students, their parents and teachers from the 7 schools participating in the project;
- At a local/regional level – fellow teachers and their students, as well as representatives of local/regional authorities, local businesses and the local community;
- At a national level – to teachers and lecturers from the country, members of civil society organizations, leading experts at the local level and from the Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Environment and Water, Ministry of Regional Development;
- At an international level – the project activities will support the interaction and exchange of experience between the Bulgarian partners and the Norwegian organization.
The project is implemented with the financial support of 190 340 EUR under the Programme “Environmental Protection and Climate Change”, funded by the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area (EEA FM) and co-financed by the Bulgarian State. The programme aims to improve the environmental status of ecosystems and reduce the effects of pollution and other human activities and to contribute to the overall objectives of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 – reducing economic and social disparities in the EEA countries and strengthening bilateral relations between donor countries – Iceland, The Principality of Liechtenstein, the Kingdom of Norway and the Republic of Bulgaria. More information at: www.ееаgrants.org, www.eeagrants.bg.
“We are working together for a greener, more competitive and more inclusive Europe” is the motto of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism (EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021).